Tuesday, December 16, 2008

All wrapped up


One of the nicest parts of Christmas is having all the gifts wrapped and ready to go under the tree. There is a nice feeling of accomplishment in having everything ready and the excitement of hoping that everyone will like their gift.

I don't normally buy Christmas gift wrap. My kids supplied paintings for gift wrapping when they were younger and now they are older I improvise a bit. One year all the little girls had their gifts wrapped in coloured tulle (very pretty), another year we decorated paper shopping bags. The kids thought these were great as they had something to pack all their gifts into to take home. My favourite wrapping paper is brown paper. You can stamp it, tie it up with a pretty ribbon, draw on it, paint it or whatever you choose.

This year my gifts are wrapped in plain brown paper with red and green raffia tied around it. Its frugal and recyclable.

My gift tags this year are made from scraps of card cut into a label shape, a small piece of scrap paper from my card making and a sequin shape or two. The Christmas sequin shapes were bought a couple of years ago. They cost less than a dollar and there were so many in the packet that they will last for years.

No comments: