Sowing seed or Planting
- Beetroot (seeds)
- Weeded and mulched my herb garden. Most of the herbs are growing well so I'm trying to incorporate more fresh herbs in my cooking, after all if you take the trouble to grow them you should use them.
meal planning, the next seasons garden plan, working out storage plans or more long term goals and projects like plans for digging root cellars
- Meal planning - I'm trying to plan meals for a few days ahead to cut down on trips to the shops. I used to shop once a week but got out of the habit. Hopefully with a bit of practice and planning we can go back to the weekly shop.
- Wrote a list for people we give Christmas gifts to and planned which gifts I would make and which I would purchase.
- Visited the local orchards and bought 3 boxes of local, unwaxed apples and 1 box of cherries. The apples will be cooked and frozen, made into pies and dried.
- Voluntary work with a local youth organization
- More sewing. I've completed a shopping tote and altered my daughter's jeans.
- Making soap - another new recipe but I don't think it is going to work. It looked great but 3 days later the essential oil has separated from the mixture. Apparently this can happen for a number of reasons including not enough mixing. Oh well, you learn from your mistakes.