Monday, December 22, 2008

Belinda's Back to Basics Challenge Update



Sowing seed or Planting


The snails and other various bugs have had a feast on my new seedlings. I'm so not impressed. I've been collecting snails and adding them to the chook bucket but the snails seem to be winning the war. I think I am going to have to resort to snail pellets at least until the snail population is under control a bit.

The tomatoes have flourished and are setting fruit.

Planning for The Future

Planning Christmas dinner for 24. I'm off to the op shop today to buy more cutlery rather than use disposable plastic cutlery. This way I'm supporting a charity, not buying a one use product that is definitely not 'green' and I'll have the cutlery for future years.

Working for the Future - storing food, managing stores, preserving, building that home made cob or solar oven, adding house insulation, saving for manual grain mills etc

Building Community - volunteering, donations, joining an existing community group, forming your own community group, taking a cake to a friend having a hard time, calling someone you just let drift out of your life, etc
  • Sent a long over due thank you letter
Learn a new Skill
  • I went fishing. I didn't catch anything but the other fishermen did. Fresh fish for breakfast - yum.


1 comment:

Linda said...

You won't have to worry about it now. Well done.