Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Simple Christmas Card


I finished my Christmas cards last night (yeah!!). The last of them will be posted today except for one I'm waiting for an address for. Its nice to catch up with friends and family at Christmas time. Some of our family live interstate so we rarely get to see them. I write a Christmas letter each year and send it with a Christmas card to family interstate. Its a good way to keep in touch.

Our Christmas cards are handmade, not because its cheaper but because it seems to be less commercial and more in the spirit of Christmas. I've collected craft supplies over the years (stamps, punches, papers etc).

One of my favourite handmade cards is the simple Christmas tree below. Its made by punching holes in a triangle shape in the card then sewing across the holes to form the tree shape. As you sew, thread the sequins on to form the 'decorations' on the tree. The star at the top of the tree is punched through the card and a sequin star glued behind it. Its simple but effective.

No comments: