Monday, March 16, 2009

Belinda's Back to Basics Challenge Update



Sowing seed or Planting

Finally it has rained!! The water tanks are filling so now I can start planning my winter garden.

I'm still harvesting tomatoes, celery, basil, beans, strawberries and parsnips.

Planning for The Future

Menu for this week:
Monday: Curried, honey, mustard chicken and potato bake
Tuesday: Chilli con Carne
Wednesday: Tacos using leftover chilli con carne as filling
Thursday: Going out
Friday: Going out
Saturday: Going out
Sunday: Curried sausages (slow cooker)

Working for the Future
  • Cleaned up all my stray bits of paper with recipes, patterns etc into a 'Home Manual' folder
  • Cleaned up and sorted through the 'important stuff' box - school reports, birth certificates etc
Building Community
  • Voluntary work with a local youth organization




1 comment:

The Public Sector said...

Hey - great blog! I have put a link in my post of yesterday's date to your site - addressing the move to a more "Back to Basics" lifestyle. See post: The Economic Implications of the Casserole.

Thanks for the great entertaining writing from Down Under.