Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shaker Style Rug Update


I've finally completed the 9 garter stitch squares for my rug! Its taken a while but they are done! My rug, when completed will be 9 x 9 squares in size. Each square is 15cm. I've chosen 9 colours of yarn. My aim is to do at least 5 plain colour squares in each colour and some multicoloured squares. I can't help myself, I plan, random is not my thing.

Anyway, these are the colours of my rug. I've also got a bit of a heart theme happening.

There is still a long way to go but I'm slowly getting there.

Happy knitting,
Lynda

1 comment:

Toria said...

They are lovely, what a beautiful heart collection.

I was shocked with my squares at just how much longer it took to knit a garter square compared to a stocking stitch one, I'd assumed just straight knitting would be the fastest!