Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Belinda's Back to Basics Challenge Update



Sowing seed or Planting

My seedlings are going well - now to find the time to plant them in the garden!


Harvesting:
Tomatoes - I think this week will see the last of the tomatoes. There are still plenty of green fruit on the bushes, maybe green tomato pickles are the way to go.
Strawberries - just the odd one
Beans - Blue Lake - the last of the beans were picked this week. There are some nice fat pods on the vines ripening for next year's seeds.



Planning for The Future
  • Started a budget
  • Started research on solar power for the house. I'm not sure we'll be able to afford it but you never know.

Working for the Future
  • Cleaned out the pantry - why do I have 5 boxes of custard powder?
  • Bought apples in bulk and stewed and froze for later use. Made some very yummy apple pies.
  • Bought two new chooks to supply us with winter eggs

School holidays are over so maybe I'll be more organized for this week. I can but hope!


No comments: