Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday

Monday again, how the weeks fly by. This weekend was a busy one. Our son came home from Uni for the weekend and brought the usual load of washing with him. Its lovely to see him when he comes home and hear of his life at Uni. He left Sunday night with a bag of clean washing and lots of home cooked meals for the coming week.

On Saturday I had to go on a course to update my CPR skills. I am required to hold a first aid certificate for my voluntary work and we have to update our CPR every twelve months. Its amazing how fast that twelve months goes by. Its good to have the skills and a refresher course is valuable but its a nuisance giving up all Sat afternoon. The travel is the worse bit - we spent as much time traveling to the course as at it.

Sunday we celebrated a couple of family birthdays. I finished the skirt for my niece Saturday night, nothing like leaving things to the last minute. I was pleased with the way it turned out but forgot to take a photo. Drats. So far my challenge to make at least half the gifts this year is going well. I did buy my nephew's gift though, he wanted Lego so Lego he got.

Most of our family birthdays are at the beginning of the year and the end of the year. The middle months are relatively birthday free. I'm hoping to use this opportunity to plan ahead and get a start on some Christmas gifts.It would be nice to be organized. We will see how it goes.

I hope you have a great weekend,
Lynda

No comments: