Friday, May 1, 2009

Tea Towel and Pot Holder Swap - Finished!

Its been cold and wet. The wet part is good, our state is still desperately dry, but the cold part has been a bit of a shock. We never seem prepared for the beautiful sunny days to turn cold and dreary. By the end of winter I crave the sun. Then summer comes and we all complain about the heat. Never satisfied are we?

My days have been filled with work. I have a current contract for a job the client wants finished yesterday. Not a lot else has happened except lots of time in front of a computer screen. Its nearly finished though so then life can return to normal. With the current economic climate we are just grateful for the work.

I did find the time to finish and post off my tea towel and pot holder swap. I'm quite pleased with the result. I hope my swap partner likes them. I'm thinking about making another set for my mum for Mother's Day. Its a little over a week away so time could be an issue. It is tempting to give it a go.


Today I'm taking a few hours off from the computer and doing some jobs around the house. The kitchen is a mess, there is laundry to be done and the carpet really needs a vacuum. I feel better when the house is organized. It will be nice to have some order return to the chaos.

I'm out tomorrow. I'm volunteering at a local fair. We are raising funds for the Cancer Council by hosting Australia's Biggest Morning Tea. I organize the morning tea every year but this year the plans have been a little rushed. I'm sure it will all come together. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we will get a big turn out of local people.

I hope you have a great weekend,
Lynda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you make the boarder on the t-towles? Is it embrodered or appliqued? They are beautiful!!!!! Jody

Crunchie's Mum said...

Hi Jody,
the answer is -both! I cut out the shapes and used two sided interfacing to hold them in place and then blanket stitched around the edges. The rest is embroidered using back stitch, colonial knots and some satin stitch. The border was made separately on some calico and then sew on to the tea towel.

If you click on the photos to enlarge them you can see more of the detail.

thank you for your lovely comment,
Lynda