Tuesday, June 2, 2009

More Knitting

My knitting has been progressing although a bit slower than I would like. I've completed about 25 squares for my blanket. This is good for me but I've still got a long way to go. I'm envious of those who knit up a blanket in a few weeks. My knitting has improved though, I'm a little faster and I don't have to unpick quite as often. Knitting in front of the TV probably doesn't help.

I had knitted my daughter a scarf last year. It was one of my first ever knitting projects. It had stretched a bit and gotten too long. I unravalled it a couple of weeks ago and promised her I would re knit it. I finished it a couple of nights ago, except for the tassels on the ends. My knitting must have improved because the 'new' scarf looks so much nicer than the old, the knitting is even and firm.

There are so many things I would like to knit but it all takes time. My next project is going to be a poncho for a niece. I want to finish a few more blanket squares first though otherwise the blanket won't be finished for years.

Its always nice to have a project on the go and a new planned to look forward to, its a great excuse to go shopping for new yarn!

Lynda

(I'll post some photos later, unfortunately I can't upload photos on this PC)

No comments: