Monday, July 13, 2009

Belinda's Back to Basics Challenge Update



Sowing seed or Planting


Not much action in the garden, its been wet and cold and I've been busy with renovating the kitchen

Planning for The Future

I've decided to go back to uni next year. All things going well I'll apply to do my Dip Ed in 2010. Its a bit scary as I haven't been in formal education for 20 years.

Working for the Future

My son and I have pulled out the old kitchen cupboards and bench tops. One bench top has been sanded, varnished and returned to the kitchen. It looks so much better, under the ugly stain was beautiful timber. We still have a long way to go and most of the work will have to wait until the weekend as my son is back at uni. I'm getting used to hunting for bowls and baking trays in boxes on the floor. It will be worth the temporary inconvenience when its all finished and looking good.

Building Community
  • Voluntary work with a local youth organization
  • Caught up with neighbours we hadn't seen in a while and had a chat
Learn a new Skill
  • No new skill


3 comments:

Louise said...

I am following your kitchen progress eagerly, and think there ought to be photos!

Crunchie's Mum said...

I agree Louise!
I took lots of photos but used my son's camera and he has taken it away with him before I got the photos off the camera. He's back on Friday and I'll grab the camera then.

Lynda

Louise said...

Excellent :)