Monday, August 17, 2009

Belinda's Back to Basics Challenge Update



Sowing seed or Planting


Still tackling the blackberry, it is the major weed in the front garden. I'm almost there. Once a patch has been cleared its getting a good carpet of mulch to help keep the weeds at bay. There is one patch of ivy out the front. Its the last patch of ivy on the property. I've been slowly clearing them. I'm trying to decide if I have the energy to clear this patch now or if it can wait. I suspect it will have to wait as there are more important things to do in preparation of the oncoming bush fire season.

Planning for The Future

We are still looking into tertiary education for next year but things are progressing. My daughter now has a place to stay if she gets accepted into the course she has as number one on her list. Nothing can be finalized until January when the uni offers come out.

Working for the Future

Submitted my application for university next year. Now I have to organize my supporting documentation and then wait unit January to see if I get a place.

Building Community
  • Voluntary work with a local youth organization
Learn a new Skill
  • Tried a new knitting pattern which I had been unsuccessful at before, this time it worked, it helps if you read the directions properly.


1 comment:

Linda said...

Good luck with your course. And you must feel nice that your pattern worked out. Well done!