Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Its that time of year again

Its that time of year again - Christmas is approaching. School is finishing up, my son has less than two weeks of uni before holidays and my daughter has about 4 weeks of school left. Before we know it Christmas will be here.

I had ambitious plans to make most of my Christmas gifts this year. Its time to revise the plans. We are moving house at the end of the year and still need to sell our existing home so time is going to be short. I'll still make some gifts but I think I might be kind to myself and purchase a few. I've already started making a couple, a cuddly blanket for a baby and some tea towels for an aunty. We will see how I go over the next few weeks. I would prefer to make a few gifts as I think home made is nicer and it would be great to use up some of the materials I already have here.

Money is a bit tight at the moment which is definitely another consideration. I've begun sorting through my craft/sewing supplies and its amazing what is there. I'll make what I can from the materials already here. I've banned myself from going to craft stores. I can't be trusted once I enter the wonderful world of the large fabric/craft stores, there is always something I just have to have.

Our new home is smaller so there won't be a spare room for me to fill with craft supplies. Its a bit sad but it will only be short(ish) term. We have plans to extend the house.

Have a great day,
Lynda

1 comment:

Aussiemade said...

I can't believe Christmas is only 10 weeks away, perhaps it is only 9 arrgh!. I too have dreams of making many gifts out of materials we have at home. I am hoping my DH will turn a lovely bowl or container for my Dads and his partner, I will add some homemade marmalade and jam, hand knitted dish cloths, and maybe take some vegies if any are ready as we are going to their place in NSW for Christmas this year. Good luck with your projects.