Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back Again

I've been absent from this blog for awhile. Time just flew by and its been quite a few weeks since my last post, I've had good intentions but they didn't come to anything. We've been busy getting our home ready for sale and moving some things to our new home. Of course Christmas has taken up some time as well.

We've cleaned and tidied our home ready for sale. We've pulled out blackberry from the garden, mowed the lawn and removed the junk from the garden. It looks too good to sell. The kitchen is finished and looks much better than before. We still have the office to clean up. Its full to the brim and really needs a spring clean. The problem is most of the stuff is my husband's and he is struggling to find the time to sort through the mess. There is also the problem that he doesn't consider it to be mess. To him its all things he 'might want some day'. To me its mess.

A few things have been moved to our new home but as we are still living in our old home most of our furniture is still here. The new house is less than half the size of the old house so lots of stuff needs to find a new home. Its going to be a massive job. My DD has started the clean up on her room and has sold a few items on Ebay (how did we ever survive without Ebay?!)She has been pleasantly surprised about how much her 'junk' has sold for. I think she has made about $500 so far.

Another hot day is forecast for tomorrow, 43C. Lets hope it doesn't make it to that and we all have a safe day. I'm off to walk the dogs now the heat of the day has passed. They don't enjoy the heat and nor do I.

Lynda

1 comment:

belinda said...

Glad to hear all is well, just busy.

Good luck with your impending sale.

Kind Regards
Belinda